The role of the Business Analyst is to support and enable business change. The Business Analysts are responsible for eliciting requirements from business owners for projects and then performing the necessary analysis and documentation to ensure the changes are made. The role holder will work closely with business leads as well as technical teams such as development, test and architecture in the
course of delivering the changes needed by the business.
• Use business requirements to drive systems changes, and work with IT colleagues on technical requirements and their feasibility.
• Produce business models mapping the activities in different areas of the business.
• Document business processes and information flows representative of how the business works and suggest improvements where necessary.
• Support the business in writing benefits cases for upcoming projects, and manage these benefits through to realisation.
• Capture and document business requirements and where necessary translate these into detailed design documentation.
• Work closely with project managers and business sponsors to produce project mandates and associated benefits cases.
• Ensure all analysis artefacts are produced according to the quality management framework.
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers engaged to define and confirm requirements.
• Ensure any assumptions, dependencies and risks relating to the process / requirements are documented
• Proactively seek out opportunities and enhancements to processes and systems through an understanding of the applications’ uses and capabilities.
• Able to manage concurrent projects at different phases of lifecycle.
• Extensive experience as an analyst or similar role.
• Experience of working within a fast-paced environment, with consistently changing priorities.
• An understanding of project management methodologies, processes and practices.
• Experience of capturing requirements and translating these into technical solutions.
• Strong customer focus establishing effective relationships with key stakeholders and 3rd parties.
• Credible communicator and influencer, adapting style as appropriate.
• Experience of working with and managing 3rd party suppliers.
• Ability to communicate technical language into 'plain English'.
• Experience of Agile and Scrum is preferable.
• Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
• ISEB qualification preferable.
For more information please send your CV to Caitriona on firstname.lastname@example.org